In today’s technology-driven world, finding the answer to pretty much any question is as easy as “Googling” it. In fact, Siri will look it up for you if you have a smartphone. So when you start having financial problems and are considering filing for bankruptcy, it may be tempting to search the internet for the steps you could take in the bankruptcy process. Unfortunately, pursuing bankruptcy or another debt relief solution without consulting a skilled bankruptcy attorney beforehand can be a costly mistake.
If you are ready to take control of your financial situation and want to understand all of the options that are available to you, consider consulting with a professional bankruptcy attorney who can walk you through the steps of this process and answer all the questions you may have for your unique situation.
Why should you use a bankruptcy attorney?
Let’s look at the reasons why this might be the smart choice.
- The bankruptcy process can be somewhat complex especially deciding which type of bankruptcy might be best for your situation – Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. A qualified and experienced bankruptcy attorney knows how to analyze your financial situation and help you choose the best course.
- Bankruptcy can help you stop the harassing creditor calls by filing for a Stay on your behalf.
- Avoid technical mistakes by using an attorney who can guide you through the whole process. A wrong filing can lead to a case being dismissed and risks an opportunity to file for any kind of bankruptcy. Attaining the appropriate bankruptcy attorney can save you time, money, and avoid any issues from harming your case.
- Paperwork, Paperwork, Paperwork. Bankruptcy filings involves a lot of paperwork. Supporting documentation on your behalf as well as a large amount of court paperwork needs to be accurately filled out. Advice along the way for each of these documents can be helpful so that mistakes that may slow or even halt your bankruptcy proceedings are not made. For example, failing to disclose an asset could mean losing it. A bankruptcy attorney can ensure that you are filling out all forms correctly and submitting it in a timely manner.
- Peace of Mind! While it may sound easier to “Google” bankruptcies, and peace of mind may seem low on your priority list, it may be the best benefit of hiring a lawyer before you go into bankruptcy proceedings. It’s not impossible to do everything yourself, but in most situations hiring a lawyer saves you time, money, and headaches.